Food and Water Sanitarian
The Food and Water Sanitarian promotes a healthy environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors by overseeing food safety, inspecting, and licensing MSU facilities.
Regular management of duties include:
- Inspection, evaluation, and training is provided for staff in these service areas;
- Conducting surveys and evaluations;
- Collecting or coordinating the collection of various samples for appropriate test analysis;
- Coordination and participation in the education of university employees to both guide and motivate them in maintaining high sanitation standards;
- Provide necessary consultations for guidance and recommendations aimed at ensuring proper installation and operation of equipment and facilities; and
- Maintain coordination within the University and with outside agencies.